Notice: You must apply for financial aid at the time of tryouts, as limited number of scholarships are available on a per-team basis. The financial aid application requires disclosure of tax returns and other financial information.
LA Galaxy San Diego Financial Aid Application
Objective: LA Galaxy San Diego (LAGSD) strives to keep soccer affordable and wishes to reduce the economic barriers of playing soccer. As such, as long as funds are available, LAGSD will make Financial Aid available to deserving players and their families.
LA Galaxy SD Financial Aid Fund Overview:
- Financial Aid will be granted on a yearly basis and must be applied for each year by submitting the Financial Aid application before the Financial Aid deadline.
- Families receiving Financial Aid may be requested to perform volunteer work for LA Galaxy San Diego. When Financial Aid is awarded, the responsible parent may be asked to commit up to 10 hours of volunteer work for LA Galaxy San Diego
- Financial Aid is applied to Club Registration fees only. Each family that receives Financial Aid must pay for team fees.
Administration: This Financial Aid program will be under the direct supervision of LA Galaxy SD President and Financial Aid Committee. The Financial Aid Committee will make the determination of a family’s need for Financial Aid.
Criteria and Eligibility: Any family is eligible to apply for Financial Aid if an economic barrier would prevent the player from playing soccer. In order to assess financial need, the following will be taken into consideration in awarding the scholarship:
- Applicant must complete the LA Galaxy SD Financial Aid Form (can be downloaded at: http://lagalaxysd.com/docs/fa_app.pdf) and turn in the completed application along with a copy of the first page of the family's most recent federal tax return at your age group registration night. If applying for an Elite Scholarship, you must instead fill in the Elite Scholarship application and turn it in at your age group registration night (proof of income is not required with the Elite application).
- Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
Non-Discrimination Clause: No one will be disqualified from consideration because of sex, race, color, creed or religious beliefs.
Waiver & Release of Liability
I understand that there are risks involved with my child’s participation in the LA Galaxy San Diego (LAGSD) competitive soccer tryouts.
I hereby authorize the directors of LAGSD to act for me according to their reasonable judgment in any emergency requiring medical attention. I hereby waive and release the directors of LAGSD from all liability and agree to accept all medical expenses incurred. I know of no physical or mental problem that will affect my child’s ability to safely participate in these tryout sessions. I acknowledge and accept the conditions above with my signature below.
I certify that my child is in good health, and may participate in strenuous physical activities at the tryouts. I certify that there are no physical limitations to my child’s participation in tryouts. Permission is granted for my child to receive emergency medical treatment if needed. I hereby release and forever discharge LAGSD and all their agents, employees and affiliated entities from any and all liability, claims, demands, and cause of action for personal injury or death, property damage, and/or other loss suffered by my child in connection with his/her participation in the tryouts. I acknowledge and accept that this Release and Waiver is intended to be binding on the family, estate, heirs, executors, administrators and assigns of the minor named above. I further acknowledge and accept that this Release and Waiver is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of California and agree that if any portion of this release and Waiver is invalid, the remainder will continue to be in full force and effect. I agree that this Release and Waiver binds the minor and me to all of its terms.
I hereby grant permission to LAGSD and its legal representatives, assigns, and those acting on its behalf, to use any picture, video or audio recording of my child taken in connection with the tryouts for all manner of advertising, trade, promotion, exhibition, or any other lawful purpose related to youth soccer whatsoever and in any form or medium.
I hereby release LA Galaxy San Diego and the California Youth Soccer Association – South, its member leagues, teams, agents, officers, coaches and players from all liability or responsibility for any claim, damage or legal action on behalf of the player or the player’s parents, heirs, or personal representatives, arising from any injury the player may sustain while participating in soccer or related activities, including transportation, except to the extent and in the amount covered by the CYSA-South accident reimbursement plan.